Vikas Bharti Bishunpur include agro-horticulture promotional activities like introduction of modern farm practices, farm inputs, development of nutritional garden, promotion of social forestry, crop demonstrations, soil and water conservation, rain-water harvesting and rational use of irrigation water, etc. Project/programme interventions of Vikas Bharti Bishunpur in promoting livelihood through farm sector development have been narrated. liVelihooD
Horticulture development programme through Krishi Vigyan Kendra in Gumla District from 2006. It is supported by ICAR, New Delhi. Most prominent features of the KVK include the following:
- It is an innovative science based institution that fosters scientific temper among the farming community through organizing training of farmers and farm workers including women and rural youths.
- It brings new scientific innovations developed by the agriculture scientists to the field level by organizing field demonstrations, so that farmers could yield more crops and fetch better income from agriculture.
- It also helps in the orientation of extension personnel/workers to equip themselves with latest innovations of agriculture technologies to discharge their due responsibly with sincerity in transforming farm sector.
KVK Activities During 2015-16
Activities conducted by Vikas Bharti Bishunpur for the promotion of agriculture in its project area through KVK during the year 2015-16 have been depicted in the table below:
|KVK Activities During 2015-16|
|S.No||Activities||No of Participants|
|1.||10 OFT conducted||100|
|2.||FLD Total area coverage 190.72 ha||748|
|3||Total no. of training -137||3352|
Mandates of KVK are as follows :-
- On Farm Testing : For identifying technologies in terms of location specific sustainable land use system it conducts ‘On Farm Testing’.
- Frontline Demonstration : It organizes Frontline Demonstration on various crops to generate production data and feedback information.
- For Capacity building of farmers it organizes various trainings to update the extension agriculture activities.
- Organizes short and long term vocational training for the farmers and rural youths for promotion of production and generating self employment.
- Seed Production.
- Resource and Knowledge center.
- AWARD FOR BEST SOCIAL SERVICE in Jharkhand by Dainik Bhaskar group
- Nominated as the Swachata Doot by Ms. Mridula Sinha (Governor of Goa) during Swatcha Bharat Abhiyaan
- Conferred with PADMASHREE Award in 2015 for social development work.
- Received 18th Mahaveer Award for social services from Bhagwan Mahaveer Foundation Chennai
Seed Village Programme
Through Seed Village programme from 2009 it is producing quality seeds to ensure adequate supply to the farmers, to disseminate knowledge of seed production to the farmers, to make the farmers self reliant in seed front. In 2015-16 50.25 ha area was covered under seed village programme with 12 beej utpadan sameties. The total seed production under this programme was 1352.3 Q.