Evidence of Development Impact in the Operational Areas
- Behavioral change amongst the primitive tribal groups of Gumla district. PTGs shifted from animal hunting to agriculture practices to sustain livelihood.
- Awareness generation on Health and Hygiene practices amongst the schedule and primitive tribes. People became conscious about the preventive measures on various water born diseases specially malaria. Education promotion models established in Gumla District replicated in entire Jharkhand and Bihar.
- Construction of Sato Dam at a height of 1200 ft. became an eye opener for agriculture planners and engineers.
- 35 innovative Agriculture technologies developed by KVK Gumla being replicated in entire District.
- Strong grass root level institutions such as Dharti Rakhsha Vahini, Gram Swaraj Abhiyan, Women SHGs, and Farmers Clubs etc. are rendering services in all districts of Jharkhand.
- More than 6000 people in Jharkhand are gainfully employed by entrepreneurship skill development training programmes of Vikas Bharti. Concept of Mobile Panchayat health worker replicated in the entire Jharkhand state by the Government of Jharkhand.
- Continuous research and recommendations to the Government based on the field reality of the situation of tribal people by Tribal Research Centre of Vikas Bharti, often influenced the policy of State Government on different issues of tribal and indigenous people. Recently conducted long waited Panchayat Election is an illustration of efforts of grass root institution developed by Vikas Bharti.
- Education and livelihood opportunities for deprived girls and orphan youth through Jan Sikshan Sansthan and Shram Niketans of Vikas Bharti have created enthusiasm among the deprived section of the society. Parents are now keen to send their children in different schools and vocational courses. Inclination of girl children towards education has increased everywhere.
- Youth mobilization programmes Yuva Vikas Mahotsava initiated in 90s has received tremendous response in the entire state. Now without the assistance of Vikas Bharti Youth are being able to organize these events in their respective Blocks. Vikas Bharti has built a number of statues of great tribal people of yesteryears so that the tribal youth can know about them and follow the path of integrity and sanctity by remembering their ancestor’s great work.
Each of the above CBO's has a success story to say towards their struggle for envelopment.
Jan Shikshan Sansthan
Vikas Bharti Bishunpur is a parent organization of the Jan Shikshan Sansthan, Ranchi which is imparting skill training under the Directorate of Adult Education, Mininstry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. It has a separate identity as a legal body registered under Society Registration act 1860 in 2004-05.
Objectives of the programme activities taken up by JSS include the following
- To impart vocational skills, life skills and technical knowledge to Illiterate, Neo-literates and Rudimentary trainees and raise their productive and work efficiency.
- To provide Life Enrichment Education to its beneficiaries along with Vocational training.
- To promote national goals such as secularism, national integration, women's equality, protection and conservation of the environment.
- To endeavor to shape the beneficiaries into self reliant and self assured employees and entrepreneurs.